Zilla Sainik Welfare Office
Zilla Sainik Welfare Office is a branch of the Office of The Deputy Commissioner with its primary duty being to look after the welfare of Ex-Servicemen and their dependents in the district. There are a plethora of welfare measures being taken for ex-servicemen of this nation who have given the best and most productive years of their lives to the service of the nation, often in the most perilous of circumstances that, more often than not, result in tragic consequences. It is, therefore, the duty of the nation to look after the needs of these brave men and women as well as their dependents and thus, to ensure the streamlining of services to the same, the Zilla Sainik Welfare Office exists to facilitate the service delivery at the district level.
An Addl looks after this branch. Deputy Commissioner/Assistant Commissioner as per orders of the Deputy Commissioner and he/she is aided by the Zilla Sainik Welfare Organizer (ZSWO) with dealing assistants and Gr-IV staff.
- Maintenance of database of ex-servicemen domiciled in Dima Hasao
- Maintenance of database of dependents of ex-servicemen domiciled in Dima Hasao
- Registration of ex-servicemen and dependents domiciled in Dima Hasao
- Issue of ID Cards and canteen cards for ex-servicemen and dependents
- Communication of the latest welfare schemes to the ex-servicemen and dependents
- Processing of applications for welfare schemes submitted by ex-servicemen and dependents
- Maintenance & management of Zilla Sainik Bhawan, Haflong
- Organization of Ex-Servicemen Rallies, Flag Days etc.
Welfare Schemes & Beneficiaries
A plethora of welfare schemes is introduced from time to time for the benefit of ex-servicemen and their dependents in addition to other permanent benefits provided by the Ministry of Defence. It is the endeavour of the district administration of Dima Hasao to provide regularly updated information regarding the same for the benefit of all ex-servicemen and dependents domiciled in Dima Hasao so that they do not miss out on the due benefits. The documents uploaded in this section can be perused by the ex-servicemen for information regarding schemes and data of registered ex-servicemen and dependents in Dima Hasao.