E-Governance is one of the new branches of the Office of The Deputy Commissioner keeping in tune with the changing times where digitization and proliferation of Information Technology is a dominant feature both in the private as well as public spheres of human society. The scope of IT in matters of governance is immense and can be utilized to bring about increased efficiency and transparency which is of paramount importance in a democratic society where public access to information is a key element of legitimate governance. This branch is entrusted with the responsibility of introducing and implementing new IT practices and systems for service delivery as well as automation of office procedures in the Deputy Commissioner's Office. The branch is headed by an Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Assistant Commissioner as per orders issued by the Deputy Commissioner and he/she is assisted by the District Informatics Officer (National Informatics Centre), District Manager (Directorate of Information Technology, Electronics & Communication - DITEC), staff of the NIC along with dealing assistants and Gr-IV staff.
- Learning newly introduced IT systems and introducing the same for office functions
- Preparation and maintenance of district website
- Coordination with state-level project entities like e-District, ASWAN, CSC, ACCSDP, e-Prastuti, e-Office, DARPAN Dashboard, COMMIT, etc. for implementing notified e-governance practices
- Managing the Public Facilitation Center (PFC) at DC's and SDO (C) Office
- Implementing e-District initiatives notified from time to time
- Liaisoning with the state nodal department for e-governance
- Imparting training to office staffs on new IT practices