The Bill Branch, also known as Accounts Branch, primarily deals with all matters relating to accounts of the Office of the Deputy Commissioner. It is entrusted with the responsibility of looking after payables and receivables, maintaining payment records and liaisoning with the Treasury Office for such matters. It is looked after by an Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Assistant Commissioner as per orders by the Deputy Commissioner and he/she is assisted by dealing assistants and a few Grade-IV employees.
- Preparation of monthly salary bills
- Preparation of monthly wages bills for fixed salaried employees
- Preparation of pension bills (includes GIS, GPF, Leave Salary etc.)
- Dealing in matters related to audits
- Matters relating to revision and interpretation of the Contingency Manual, Assam Financial Rules, The Assam Budget manual, Delegation of Financial Power & Rules.
- Interpretation of Fundamental Rules & Subsidiary Rules
- Monitoring of cash balances & budget preparation