The Jail Branch of the Office of The Deputy Commissioner is entrusted with the overall administration of the District Jail, Haflong. The management of jails is a vital part of the district administration wherein utmost care must be taken to balance the philosophies of welfare and retribution. An Addl looks after this branch. Deputy Commissioner/Assistant Commissioner as per orders issued by the Deputy Commissioner and is assisted by a staff of the Jail Department as well as staff from the Deputy Commissioner's office.
- Management of logistics for day-to-day jail affairs
- Monitoring & evaluation of welfare of inmates
- Dealing with matters pertaining to the supply of jail provisions
- Maintenance of accounts for the District Jail
- Preparation of budget for jail administration
- Liaisoning with the district police
- Conducting training and welfare programs for inmates as notified from time to time